Friday, 13 November 2009

Found a job yet?

I've lost count of how many times I've been asked this since being laid off. It's fascinating how the 9-5 mentality has brainwashed so many people.

I say: "I'm not looking right now. I'm doing the horses in the afternoons and I'm hoping that one day it will make me enough to live off."

The reponses is usually: "Mug's game!"

It may be naive of me to think I can do this for a living but I strongly believe that you must do things that inspire and excite you, and not waste your life wishing time away. After 11 years at a desk and lots of clock / calendar watching, it is definitely time for a change.

No miracles today though:


-£0.27 using £5 stakes.

4 comments:

  1. You are doing something right, you are getting good results in some races, £0.80 to £1+ using £5 stakes in a race is very good IMO. You just need to sort out the big losses. Take a long term view, your not losing that much, you are learning every day, I'm sure you will get there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Neil,

    Cheers for the encouragement. I am definitely improving - a month ago I might have made 20 pence a race, tops!

    You're right, if I can minimise the losses then the daily P+L will look a lot more promising.

    From reading your blog, it's sounds like we're at a similar stage in our trading careers. It will be interesting to see how things progress over the coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mets,

    Came across your blog as you are following mine!!! I wasn't aware it was out there yet and I've been too embarrassed to post as I've not conquered the no going in play rule I set myself.

    If you read Fighting The Inner Demons blog it is me in a nutshell.

    Good luck with your trading and I hope like me you don't have to go back to the 9-5, or 7-6 as it was for me.

    All the best
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Steve,

    Look forward to reading your updates. Excellent trading setup by the way!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.