Tuesday, 17 November 2009

To raise, or not to raise

I decided to use variable stakes today, from £7.50 to £20.

To me, stake sizes are my biggest conundrum.

Trading with low stakes is fine when you're just beginning, but after you've been doing it for a little while, are you really learning anything?

One day, using £2 stakes, I won 12 races and lost 3, making a grand total of £1.32. Did I feel like I was a good trader? Maybe at the time, but now I realise it's just because I was more relaxed because the losses only amounted to pennies, not pounds!

When the ticks are worth 50 pence each, I start to react differently, behave differently - trade differently.

I am going to try the variable stake approach for a while in order to test myself. It's good to push yourself, I think you mature quicker. I'd say I'm at the adolescent stage of trading right now. I'm hoping to 'come of age' soon!


-£0.64 using £7.50 to £20 stake sizes.

3 comments:

  1. Mets, I've been very rude and, until today, not added your blog to my blogroll. I do apologise, and have linked you on cashorcrash - sorry it took a while!

    Cheers, Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Robbie!

    I'm oblivious to blogging etiquette so no offence taken :D

    I just imported my entire Google Reader subs list so no-one felt left out!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.