Sunday, 6 December 2009

The good, the bad and the ugly

The good
Difficult conditions again today, unsurprisingly for a Sunday, and I traded very cautiously. My concentration levels were very high after a good night's sleep and they had to be, with spikes all over the place. It's highlighted that if I exercised this level of concentration and caution every day, I'd be getting on much better.

The bad
After chalking up 4 hard-earned pounds, I backed the 3rd favourite for £12.50 in the 14:30 at Lingfield and got blasted by a spike which left me £3 in the red.

The ugly
Then my computer crashed, just seconds after the spike. Fortunately there was 6:30 left on the clock which gave me time to boot up again and close out at -£3.33.


Ok, so not that bad or ugly this time. With plenty of time left and a maximum loss of £12.50 on the cards, I was relatively calm about the whole episode; had I laid £12.50 with 2 minutes on the clock, it might have been bank massacre of Jason Vorhees proportions!!


So plans are afoot to have some contingency in place before this happen again. I am going to install The Toy on a spare lappy and, using my wife's BT dongle, prepare for the inevitable before the start of each session. At least then, the only thing that could catch me out is a crash at Betfair itself, which I can't do much about.

I know that Pro traders wouldn't dream of trading without a backup and this has given me the kick up the bum I needed.

It's a shame I don't know next door's Wifi password, as I could just run Evo on my little Linux netbook and close out that way. Maybe I could tease it out of them in conversation?


£0.82 using £7.50 to £15 stakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.