Saturday, 27 March 2010

Come on Hardy!!


UFC 111 tonight and I'm very excited!! I won't be staying up for it as it can be quite a drawn-out event with a million ad breaks and lots of fights I'm not bothered about, but I've got my bets on:

Georges St-Pierre vs Dan Hardy
I decided to lay GSP for £25 @1.2 and back him for £15 @ 2, which will net me a tenner. The reason I've taken this approach is that, while I can't see Hardy being victorious, he may do enough to early on to push GSP's price out. I'm not sure of the swing in MMA markets though so it's a complete 'finger in the air job'. What will likely happen is that GSP will submit Hardy after about 30 seconds in the first round!! Only a fiver at stake so who cares?

Frank Mir vs Shane Carwin
I've gone for a straight £10 punt on Mir for the win @ 1.73, based wholly on his last performance (which was brutal). Carwin looked awesome at the weigh-in though so, whatever the outcome, I can't wait to watch that one back.



Horses
My progress trading the horses is steadily - er - staying the same with nothing special to report on. Weekends continue to be profitable while weekdays are a bit hit-and-miss, but the profit line is still rising so it makes it worthwhile doing. Making money in a low-risk fashion on the horses effectively allows me to have free bets on the UFC and footy so it's quite good really, as I'd feel guilty punting my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.