Monday, 8 March 2010

Dis-comfort zone


I did some R&D today, experimenting with bigger stake sizes at times upto £100. As such, the P+L is peppered with losses and the overall was a small loss.


I accept that this is a part of moving up a gear which I feel I need to do in order to push myself. With the hunt for some sort of employment in motion, I don't know for sure how much longer I'm going to get to indulge this trading quest with such regularity so I may aswell make the most of this 'education'.

I scared myself plenty with the higher stakes, not least because I had to enter into some unfamiliar territory to get the orders filled. That said, I'm really comfortable using £40 stakes now which I wouldn't have said a month ago, so I'm fully expecting £100 to seem quite normal in another month or so. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the mind can adapt to changes in perceived risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.