Wednesday, 9 June 2010

Mind over matter

Yesterday was the pits and I was really hacked off with my performance. I don't like the extra waiting around on these 2-card days and I'm always conscious of how it affects my profit given that I'm working to fairly tight margins as it is. I usually end up getting impatient and overstake / overtrade in an effort to compensate. Two nasty losses towards the end blighted my day.


Today, on the other hand, is the kind of day I've been looking for for a while. I held my own with using the £100 stakes and set a new personal best. I was hoping to smash the £100 barrier but as the evening racing kicked in, I bailed out. I've been done so many times on the evening racing that I didn't want to undo my good work for the sake of a few more quid. Besides which, my head hurts!


My profit per race was £4.71 so I'm very happy with that. I expect to trade at this level given the amount of experience I have now and will endeavour to keep it going. Some days seem more random than others but I'm sure this is more down to my temperament on any given day.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Mets
    Good work. Today I will start trading again. I hope I can keep the discipline like you are.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.