Tuesday, 26 October 2010

Red Thunder


I needed a dose of poor man's Red Bull today to get me in the money. It was such a sloooooow rise to profit, I mean it took me 2 1/2 hours to claw my way out of the red!

Anon: "You could say the Red stuff got you out of the red stuff there, Mets"
Mets: "Yeah, but I won't"




Nothing stressful really, just annoying. It's so important to me to end the day in profit, my 17th in a row now, because I find it encourages winning ways.

The Red Thunder actually tastes quite nice, not bad for 20p a can. Better with vodka or bacardi though muwahahahaha ;)

The word on the street is that Geek's Toy has new charting bells and whistles. I can't say I'm too bothered by this latest development, since I don't really understand what half of those graphs mean anyway! There's enough for my poor brain to consider without these added graphical shenanigans! Besides, they take up too much valuable real estate on my monitor and I like to have 5 nice big ladders in full view.

I captured a funny little clip from At The Races that I thought I'd share. I love some of the off-track things they pick up on - some of those lads have got a great sense of humour! :D



Incidentally, I recorded the clip on my new iPhone 4. I posted a while back that I was considering getting an Android phone - the HTC Wildfire - so I could run the Betfair Touch app on it and that it could probably do everything an iPhone can without the restrictions that Apple put on things. Well, as it turns out, the HTC Wildfire has such a crap screen on it that as soon as I booted it up I knew in an instant that I'd made a mistake. I flogged it on eBay and bought an HTC Desire (the next one up) which had a beautiful screen on it. But there's an old saying...

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear

... and at the end of the day, the Desire just didn't cut it; the HD video camera hasn't been implemented properly (drops frames, noisy microphone), the satellite navigation seemed laggy and slow to get a satellite fix, and Google's app store is a loooong way behind Apple's. I love the iPhone have installed ibetmate as recommended by Handy Andy, and I've gotta say it's a lovely little app for interacting with Betfair, very slick and preserves the session so you don't keep getting logged out - brill!

5 comments:

  1. Not interested in Windows Phone 7 (tm)?

    You can run all kinds of apps such as...err...ooo....um....

    Also - I told you about iBetmate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funnily enough that Windows phone just doesn't appeal! If iPhone is the bride and Android the bridesmaid, I reckon this new Microsoft effort is merely the page boy :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi mets how do you get the geeks toy to fill your entire screen am having a nightmare? it allways opens and stays a certain size

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steve,

    To get the 5 ladders to fit the whole screen I had to open the default ladder view, adjust the ladder column amount to 5, resize the view to extend down to the bottom of the screen, then played with the horizontal and vertical margins and font sizes for ages to get it looking right for me.

    My eye-sight is getting worse so I've only got my 19" monitor set at 1280x1040.

    The Toy seems to remember these settings the next time I open up the program.

    Clear as mud? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Desire HD is better than all 3!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.