Monday, 25 October 2010

Wakey wakey!


It wasn't a great start today at all. I don't know what it was - a bit of complacency, a bit of lethargy maybe - but by 3 o'clock I was -£41 down and starting to think about calling it a day.

After giving myself a good telling off and a blast of Megadeth on the hifi, I managed to turn things around with a good win at Southwell, which quickly got me back into winning ways.


I got to my target daily average of £30 so I'm pleased with that, given the uphill climb I faced. It's amazing how negative thoughts can snowball when you're in deficit though. It takes a strong mind to overcome adversity in any pursuit, and it's not something that comes easily to me. Once again, I had to remind myself what I was in this for and to have respect for the markets, the bank and the opportunity to be doing this in the first place.

As I've mentioned once before, I work off of a bank of 1k and my whiteboard is instrumental in getting me out of a deficit because I find, once I start scrawling numbers on the board, things become more real. I then concentrate on making that chunk of money back before anything else; other people may have a different approach to staying on the straight-and-narrow but this seems to work for me. After all, £30 a day is a tidy £900 a month which is not to be sniffed at.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.