Monday, 8 November 2010

Tunnel vision

Well I had a thoroughly crap afternoon and lost my money and my rag rather too frequently.


I thought things were pretty volatile today and I got smashed around like a young seal at the mercy of some rather large Orca types. And I haven't said that for a while.

A crumby start didn't help, and the amount of times I traded upto a tenner or so and then lost it and more beggared belief. I had a chance early on to get back to zero which I blew with one of those overtrades and things got a bit silly from thereon in.

I realised that I have a tendency, when I'm losing, to get a bit desperate and start focusing too hard on certain prices whilst failing to notice what's going on around me. I got done for -£30 at Wolves by a sudden drift when I didn't notice something else steaming in.

One thing The Badger said in that conference last week is that he's 100% certain he can make money from any horse racing market, although he admitted that it wasn't always the case. It's a good mindset to have and of course, with the correct decision making, we're all capable of making money.

You might wonder how I handle losing days. Not very well. Throwing stuff usually helps, as does using profanity. But typically I'll go and push some weights to get it out of my system.


The hardest part is actually walking away from the PC in the first place, as it's not always wise to walk away too early in case a comeback is on the cards.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mets hope Tuesday was a better day.

    I've added your site to my blog list, wondering if you could do the same for mine?

    http://winningafortune.blogspot.com

    We find selections by looking at the UK horseracing markets.

    Thanks
    CD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi CD,

    Not sure if you could call it a better day but I managed to lose less!!

    Link added :)

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.