Friday, 14 January 2011

Bad ch'i

A rather bitty day today, with only a tenner earnt. Matters weren't helped by me trashing my desk area while trying to shoehorn my new Korg X50 synth into an already crowded workspace. Stuff was everywhere and I hate trading whilst surrounded by chaos, my mind is all over the place.

I was testing the bot too which was distracting as I tried to figure out, for the first 6 races at least, why it was doing bugger all. It turns out I'd managed to disable the first of two triggers by selecting 'never' in the execute dropdown...see what I mean - chaos!


Once I'd got it going it didn't really do much and I spent the rest of the afternoon fiddling with it. I decided in the end that I'd approached it in the wrong way and have thought of a far more straighfoward method of execution - 'more than one way to skin a cat' as they say. As a former programmer, I'm used to solving the same problem in a number of different ways. Usually, the second or third attempts end up being far simpler that the first - I believe we called it refactoring.

So I'll have a tinker in the morning and let it lose loose on tomorrow's markets and see where it gets me - another step closer to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!

4 comments:

  1. "and let it lose on tomorrow's markets" - I hope you mean "and let it LOOSE"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a Freudian slip! Self sabotage, it'll be the downfall of us all i tell thee! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your profile sounds like me, well up to the point of losing my job that is, just hope I can replicate your modest success along the way- goodluck

    Steve

    http://newsportsexchangetrader.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.