Wednesday, 26 January 2011

WON-GA!


Oh, how the adverts on At The Races get on my nerves.

"Have you been injured in an accident that wasn't your fault?"

No!

I suppose it's handy to know the number in case I do need to sue the backside off somebody!!

Well, another month is about to draw to a close and I'm well on my way to a record month. Sadly, the Premium Charge is creeping up on me and I've nearly exhausted my allowance...


After reading lots of posts about the PC and possible ways to avoid it, I'm still not really any the wiser. On one hand, I don't relish paying this "tax" in the coming months but on the other, at least it means I'm successful at what I'm doing.

"And what are you doing these days, Mets?"

Well, for a start, I'm focussing on in-play trading more these days. I find the pre-race trading quite stressful and my performance can be quite up and down, depending on the volatility of the markets, so any other money-making angles must be explored. I also commented a while back that I was getting fed up of being manipulated pre-race.

"If you can't beat them, join them!"

Not with a 1k bank I can't, and I'm not really interested in letting my bank grow because my view is, if it's in my account, it's at risk of a betfair outage or an in-play slip up. Therefore, I like to limit my liability to something that won't cause me to jump off a cliff if something goes wrong!

Recently, I explored a strategy using a bot that I'd developed in MarketFeeder Pro, but it didn't come to fruition and the software trial expired, so I haven't moved any further forward with it. That's not to say I won't explore it again at a later date, but there's quite an overhead involved in developing and testing a bot whilst simultaneously trying not to affect the living I'm making from manual trading.

My ultimate goal is to develop a profitable lay system so I can ease off the trading altogether and thus reduce my stress-levels. My adrenal gland has been working overtime for the last 15 months or so now and I'm sure it must be close to burn out. That's not to say that I don't get a buzz from trading, but my heart rate reaches silly levels at times and that can't be good long term.

In the meantime, today was a good day to make some WON-GA and I'm pleased that I've only had one losing day this month so far....

4 comments:

  1. well done mets, just goes to show if you're dedicated and prepared to put the effort in it'll pay off in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Anon. Stubborness has much to do with it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog mets keep it up it looks like most of the others have gone skint as they dont update much.
    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Mick. Yeah it is a bit quiet on the blog front these days.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.