Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Not so well

It must be one of the first occasions where it's taken me longer to think of a post title than to write the post!

Sometimes there is only so many ways to write "I did well" or "not so well". Today I did not so well after getting a bit of an in-running kicking


Another one of those claw back days I'm afraid but it could've been worse. I was only thinking earlier how nice it was that I haven't had a losing day in a while.

At -£125 down I was starting to think about shutting up shop and had set -£140 in my mind as a cut-off point. When I'm down a few quid I quite often find my mouse hand operating independently from my brain and further losses can occur if I'm not careful.

A nice £44 a bit later gave me a fighting chance, although that could've been £80+ if I'd greened up a bit quicker on one horse in-running. A bit later on I was £20 up on one horse pre-race just before it was withdrawn, and was about to green up in another for £50-£60 in-running when my horse's fortune changed mid-race. I ended up with 7 sheets - bah. Ah well, when it's not going your way what can you do?

I'm a bit perturbed about there not being any racing on Good Friday - I totally forgot about that since last year! I was looking forward to some good Bank Holiday action too. Looks as though I'll have to spend ALL arvo round my sister's drinking beer instead of just some of it ;)

With Good Friday this week and the Royal Wedding next, I'll have taken at least 6 days off this month altogether...it's unheard of! What with getting off to a good start for the month, helped of course by the Aintree meet, it's quite nice to wind down a bit at the end of the month before the next one begins. I'm always at my most intense at the start of each month because I look to get a good boost to take the pressure off the rest of the month.

3 comments:

  1. Hi There,

    First of all, good luck with your betting quest, I am a big fan of certain betting strategies and will follow your progress with interest.

    I was wondering if you would be interested in a link exchange with my blog?
    If its not something you are interested in, no worries.

    FOLLOW MY RACING BLOG 'PLAYING IT SAFE'

    http://vikingflasghip.blogspot.com/

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is racing on the royal wedding day mate!!or perhaps you are a big royalist and will be glued to the pics or even invited!!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Playing It Safe - hi, I'll take a look, cheers.

    @Anon - yeah I'll be watching, sadly no invite :D

    If it finishes early enough then I'll do the arvo session but I'm not going to bust a gut as these things don't happen too often...and besides, she's a doll!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.