Sunday, 1 May 2011

Chasing my tail


Had a very poor Saturday yesterday


I couldn't get to grips with the pre-race stuff - especially at Newmarket which seemed to be all over the place - and the in-running trading wasn't too kind either.

Saturday's have, in the past, always been my "banker" days where I can be assured of some decent green. The last two have been very dissapointing indeed. On the other hand, I've had some good midweek sessions that have come as a surprise. There's really no logic to it - when the money wants to come, it will come. The rest of the time I just try and keep my losses to a minimum.

This mentality has kept my feet on the ground and ensured a decent April


I can't grumble at my results, although I realise that I'm still operating at a fairly low level in terms of bank size, stakes and activity in the markets.

I'm not standing still however; my bank is now 2k which gives me a bit more flexibility, and my stakage has been creeping up a wee bit in the last 2 weeks. I have to be careful though not to change things too drastically and risk upsetting the applecart.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mets,

    Good to see you're still going strong. A gradual increase in stakes will do you no harm. Just take it slow and you'll become more accustomed to it over time.

    Hope all is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saturday and Sunday were good for me which I needed as the rest of the week was pretty flat. You just can't tell in this game when the wins will come, just have to keep plodding along knowing they will come.

    Look at where you were this time last year, I'm sure you'd be more than happy to have thought you'd be on £3K+ a month tax free by now. Don't worry about how it was spread over the month, I see plenty of bloggers who can't see the bigger picture worrying about one days losses. Isn't a surprise they're continually worrying the next losing day a week or so later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I'm happy with the total, believe me! Thanks for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably be alot happier if betfair hadn't taken a grand off you in PC charges for the month too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A grand? Not even close, I paid £538 in charges, which still leaves a princely sum don't you think?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.