Thursday, 26 May 2011

See-saw

Another one of those see-saw days illustrated by the following chart


At about 7pm, the profit switch flicked over to the "ON" position and the money came.

I haven't quite worked out why I had to win £280 and lose £150 in order to make the £130 profit (I don't mean the Maths!). I think I've only ever had one 100% positive day in all my 500+ days trading on Betfair. Perhaps accepting losses is just a bad habit I've got into?

Since yesterday, I've started hiving off my profits into the Aussie wallet again so I'll have a decent bank for Royal Ascot, which isn't too far away. I don't know where the Spring / Summer months are going but we'll soon be on the run-up to Christmas again at this rate and I'm not happy about that!

In other news, does anyone get annoyed by Tommo's commentary on Timeform? I'm starting to get irritated by his exageration of certain horses' chances as he calls them home. The Timeform pundits are forever correcting his calls after the race. Admittedly, it's not the easiest job in the world and I still don't know how they do it - especially with large fields in sprints - but there are certainly some racing commentators I'd choose over others when I'm trading in-running...and Tommo is not one of them!


Stick to presenting, Tommo!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mets
    Thommo is nearly the pits when it comes to the calls.
    The overall winner of the most irritating,infuriating,annoying,pompous,inaccurate cretinous tosser is Lee Mckenzie who i will personally and happily smack in the face if i ever have the displeasure of meeting him.
    Tradermick

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.