Thursday, 4 August 2011

Graphs "Я" Us

Been tinkering with the Betfair C-SharpAPI6ExampleV1.1 code again this evening (this is the sample code you can freely get from the Betfair Developers Program website once you sign in).

I've been looking for way to automate the grabbing of graphs from the Betfair site so I can gain some perspective on certain tournaments, mainly golf ones at the moment. With the WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2011 starting this week, I once again have absolutely nothing to go on from previous years in terms a player's chances.

So my tweaks to the core code have yielded quite a nice solution. You basically fire up the app



Select "Show Active Event Types" and drill down to the event that you want



and it spits out all the runners' graphs for that event. Simply rename the directory to something a bit more meaningful - in my case WGC Bridgestone Invitational 2011 - Day 0 - lob the directory somewhere that Picasa (other photo viewers are available!) can see it and you get a snapshot of the event as it stands with the each graph labelled with the "runner's" name and ordered alphabetically



I'm not sure if I'm allowed to reproduce the whole code here but if anyone is interested, drop me a line via the email address printed on my blog's banner and I can email you the frmMain.cs file.

That's 3 hours of my life I won't get back - I'm off to bed!!

7 comments:

  1. http://azdorovo.com/develop/faircharts/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! Wish I'd known sooner

    ReplyDelete
  3. which version of visual studio are you using mets

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visual C Sharp 2008 Express Edition

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beaware as this guy http://www.betfairtradingpro.com/ have you on his blog list but he is actually a cheater , he posts fake results which are actually losing ones but he post it as been profitable ! As people register to his FREE TIPS.. email will be full of betting advertising !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah the Betfair C# example. I remember it well, as it's where The Toy started life a few years back. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's fair to say you've moved things on a bit with The Toy ! :D

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.