Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Taken aback

I wasn't even going to trade today but was pleased I did as just about everything I did went right


The pre-race trading has been a bit hit-and-miss lately but I couldn't put a mouse-click wrong today. Sometimes, just having the rub of the green and being able to scratch a trade can do wonderful things to the PnL sheet; when the markets are swingy and erratic, I usually end up redding-up more often that not and then find myself trying to claw back my losses in-running, which can be pretty exhausting.

The in-running stuff was kind too and one of the strats I've been working on came to fruition in the 15:05 at Wolves. And while on most Winter days, I'm happy to 'knock off' around 16:00 to go to the gym, I just knew I had to keep going until the end today otherwise I'd be out of pocket....I was right - I would have forfeited a month-and-a-half's gym membership!

Training videos
Last week, I spent ages in the editing room, polishing up some footage of my trading which I recorded recently.

I've basically got 4 videos done now: three are 'real-time' i.e. I'm explaining my actions as I'm doing them; the fourth one is annotation-only because I really wanted to concentrate and make the best trades I could. I plan to do about 10-15 vids altogether. I won't talk over all of them, as it's a bit like having a hands-free phone call whilst driving - your mind isn't fully focussed on the road. I was very kindly asked to do some live webinars recently, but had to decline for this very reason, I'd probably end up losing you money!!

Anyway, I'm hopeful that there will be a 'package' available by the end of March, containing a mixture of talking+annotated and annotated-only videos. They'll be aimed at the beginner trader looking to make the step upto an intermediate level. I'm using my usual stakes, the plan being that beginners can scale-down their stakes and the strats will still work...obviously it doesn't always work the other way round so small stakes trading is not realistic in my opinion.

Today's effort would have been perfect video fodder, but I wasn't recording as there was someone in the house and I feel a bit self-conscious talking away to myself in my office when there are people around!

8 comments:

  1. Great results Mets...im first inline for the vids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mets. What will be the price of the videos? Didn't you think about to have referrals and teach them? You can get lifetime money from their income if they will be profitable players :)

    P.S. Very good results for a day, well... as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a nice day! It would be nice to have 30 of those in a month !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mets'

    Been a long time reader of your blog, very inspirational :) Just starting on my own journey and wondered if you wanted to exchange links - http://betfair-chameleon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. @sledge - ok mate!

    @mr B - haven't we had this conversation before? :-)

    @TraderDave - cheers mate, if only!

    @John - thanks for reading John. I usually whack new blogs in my Google Reader for a bit and if they inspire me / give me a giggle, I add them to the list. Hope that's ok and all the best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, we talked about the videos, but you did not know the exactly price.

    We did not talk about referrals :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops, sorry Mr B, must have the notification of your reply!

    I'm not sure about the exact price for the video package, maybe £300-£400 depending on how many I do.

    What do you mean by referrals?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Blog Mets , all good stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.