Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Cheltenham 2012: Day 2

Nothing special about today's performance in the grand scheme of things...


I've been using a £4k bank this time round but could do with £8k really to play at the higher prices. Not sure I'll be last year's total at this rate, and that £500 day is still eluding me, but we'll see what the next couple of days brings.


Even though I'm doing well, I know I've still got lots of improvements to make before I ever had the nerve to make trades like this guy!



A quick sniff around YouTube and I found this



I like how this guy uses custom columns in Gruss to do his in-running trading. It's good to get a different perspective on things sometimes.

Lost a fair bit backing in-running just before the horses took a dive. I often find myself wondering who these people are that hoover up the all back bets when horses fall. I assume it's a couple of people in partnership - one being the "spotter" and the other one the "hooverer"! If obviously requires some deft race reading skills.

That's the other thing that amazes me is how these commentators call a race so quickly and accurately - are you saying to me that they remember the silks of every runner to enable them to call the race with this amazing stream of consciousness? With the US racing on ATR, they show a position indicator at the bottom of the screen, and me and a mate were discussing whether each horse's saddle is chipped so that their coordinates can be tracked automatically; if this technology was linked to some trading software you'd have a pretty powerful bot right there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.